Honey Health Benefits
Honey is far more than a natural sweetener. It is a “functional food”, which means it is a natural food with health benefits. It contains natural antioxidants, enzymes and minerals including iron, zinc, potassium, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and selenium. Vitamins found in honey include vitamin B6, thiamine, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and niacin. In addition, the nutraceuticals contained in honey help neutralize damaging free radical activity.
- Your Body :: Honey are awesomely a lot! Energize the body, boost immunity, promote healing of cuts and burns, remedy for sore throats, colds, hangover, sleeplessness, stomach upsets.
- IMPROVE YOUR DIGESTIVE SYSTEM :: Adding honey to diary products such as sour milk and yogurts can improve your digestion and bowel movements.
- CONTROL WEIGHT :: A honey and lemon diet can relieve you of your weight problem.
- FOR CUTS AND BURNS :: One of the most natural home remedies to treat a wide range of ailments and complaints including yeast infection,athlete foot and arthritis pain Its antiseptic properties inhibits the growth of certain bacteria and helps keep external wounds clean and free from infection. It has been used as a natural cure in first aid treatment for wounds, burns and cuts as it is able to absorb moisture from the air and promote healing. Its antibacterial properties prevent infection and functions as an anti-inflammatory agent, reducing both swelling and pain, and even scarring.
- FOR HANGOVERS :: When you get a hangover from drinking too much alcohol, combat its effects by applying honey remedy. Honey is gentle on the stomach and contains a mix of natural sugars such fructose which is known to speed up the oxidation of alcohol by the liver, acting as a ‘sobering’ agent. Follow this recipe: 15ml of liquid honey with 80ml of orange juice and 70ml of natural yogurt. Blend them together until smooth and drink it slowly–slowly.
- FOR SORE THROATS :: One of the better known health benefits of honey is that it is able to help treat sore throats. Thanks to its antimicrobial properties,honey not only soothes throats but can also kill certain bacteria that causes the infection. Professional singers commonly use honey to soothe their throats before performances. The Chinese believe that excess “heatiness” in the body causes sore throat and taking honey drink can be helpful. Direction: Take a spoonful of honey to smooth the inflammation or gargle with a mixture of two tablespoons of honey, four tablespoons of lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Personally, whenever I have a sore throat or cough, especially like to take warm water mixed with honey which is well-known for its anti-bacterial healing properties.
- FOR SLEEPLESSNESS :: Unable to sleep..Use the famous Milk and honey remedy. Take a glass of hot milk with a teaspoon of honey to calm the soul and induce sleep. Or, add 1 or 2 teaspoons of honey to a cup of chamomile tea and sip.
*SAFETY WARNING: Do not feed honey to infants under one year of age. Honey may contain Clostridium Botulinum spores that can cause infant botulism-a rare but serious disease that affects the nervous system of young babies (under one year of age). C. botulinum spores are present throughout the environment and may be found in dust, soil and improperly canned foods. Adults and children over one year of age are routinely exposed to, but not normally affected by,Clostridium Botulinum spores.